How to choose the best workout based on your personality
Choose a physical activity consistent with your personality for an effective workout.
"No matter your personality type, there is a workout for you, so no excuses," Dr. Tania Elliott, a New York-based allergist and preventive health expert
Personality type: Energetic and spontaneous.
- “Variability is key,” according to Elliott.
- Suggested routine includes jumping jacks and lunges.
Personality type: Peaceful and caring.
- Suggested routine includes arm circles, and leg extensions.
Personality type: Mentally tough and determined.
- Setting goals, and competing with friends are both game changers.
- Suggested routine includes: Jump rope and holding planks
Personality type: Cool, calm and collected.
- “It’s all about the music and the vibe,” Elliott said.
- Suggested routine includes side bends with a rope.